Version 0.13 (3 Feb 2014)
- BAM rendering improvements (thanks to Yifei Men)
- Improved guideline when viewing base-pair resolution data (thanks to Daniel Rice)
- BAM index-index support (thanks to Dan Vanderkam)
- Amino acid translations of genes (thanks to Yifei Men)
- Added support for exporting bitmap (PNG) images.
- BAM and navigation bug fixes.
- Better placement of feature labels
Version 0.12 (8 May 2014)
- Support for “textual” file formats: BED, WIG, and VCF.
- Allow the main “tracks” panel to scroll independently of the rest of
the user interface.
- Allow tracks to be pinned to the top of the display.
- Allow more than one local file to be added in a single operation.
- An option to export the current Dalliance browser configuration.
- Optional use of web-workers (helpers which can concurrently
fetch and process data) for better responsiveness when viewing
large amounts of data.
- Performance improvements, especially when accessing BAM files.
- Support for a “bigChain” format (.chain files encoded as bigBeds) which
can be used as an alignment source for coordinate mapping.
- New build system, based on NPM, Gulp.js, and Browserify.
Version 0.11.0 (2 February 2014)
- New track configuration tool.
- Buttons for jumping to next feature.
- Improved support for password-protected tracks and track-hubs.
- Support for VCF files (with Tabix indices).
- Support for indexed bigbeds and Trix indices.
- Much improved support for read-level display of data from BAM files.
- Support for high-DPI (e.g. Retina) displays.
- Numberous bug-fixes and performance improvements.
Version 0.10.0 (15th October 2013)
- User-interface elements which were previously presented as large
pop-up elements (e.g. the track selector) have now been moved to a sidebar
- Many clean-ups to the track-selector, and a new matrix view for use
- Completed support for the track-hub metadata model.
- Added a user-interface for manually connecting to a track-hub.
- Progress indicators on tracks which are actively loading data.
- Improved support for scatter-plot tracks.
Version 0.9.0 (10th September 2013)
- Many user-interface cleanups and improvements.
- New in-browser help system.
- Thresholding and leaping for quantitative tracks (currently bigwig only).
- Improved SVG export.
- New backends: JBrowse-style and Ensembl REST interfaces
- Improved interface between the browser and backends.
- Scatter plot views (POINTS glyph in stylesheets).
- Preliminary support for UCSC-style track hubs.
- Feature-info plugins.
Version 0.8.0 (11th July 2013)
- First release using new Canvas-based renderer.
- Substantial re-write of user interface code.
- Event-based interface for writing alternative user interfaces.
Version 0.7.x (not formally released, available from Github)
- New caching layer and speedups
- Improvements to binary data support.
- Many bug fixes.
Version 0.6.0 (27th February 2011)
- Full support for DAS/1.6.
- Support for indexed binary data.
- Better interface for adding new data to the browser.
- Keyboard navigation improvements (in particular, tap space to toggle between zoom levels).
- Performance and architectural improvements.
- Export of SVG and PDF files.
Version 0.5.0 (11th September 2010)
- Mapping of features from other assemblies (using the DAS alignment system).
- Keyboard navigation (left/right arrows to scroll, +/- to zoom).
- Rendering improvements, including complete support for the draft DAS/1.6 stylesheet specification.
- Many user interface cleanups.
- Dalliance can now easily be embedded in other web pages.
- The syntax used to set the default configuration of the browser is substantially cleaner.
Version 0.4.0 (3rd August 2010)
Initial public release